Saturday, April 19, 2008

As Funny as the English Language - 2

Now, being a multilingual chap, I know the experience of Lost in Translation, where one thing in one language can mean something absolutely absurd in another, especially when translated literally into English, so I was rolling over in laughter when I came across this list of English subtitles used in films from Hong Kong.Its absolutely hilarious:

1) Who gave you the nerve to get killed here?
2) I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!
3) I will surround their house by myself.
4) I am darn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.
5) Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep.
6) Gun wounds again?
7) A normal person wouldn't steal pituitaries.
8) I'll burn you into a BBQ chicken.
9) Take my advice, or I'll spank you a lot.
10) You daring lousy guy.
11) Beat him out of recognizable shape!
12) I have been scared silly too much lately.
13) The bullets inside are very hot. Why do I feel so cold?
14) The Americans will not save you for Christmas.
15) Both of you will die when the sun hits the bell.
16) You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken.
17) I got knife scars more than the number of your leg's hair!
18) Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected.

No comments: