Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Top 5 - I

This idea is inspired by the tradition of having Top 5's during birthdays here in the SPJIMR Boys Hostel, the subject matter however is something different.

I have basically decided that from time to time I am going to put up lists of my own, giving my top 5 on anything that catches my fancy. So here goes..the first Top 5

My TOP 5 - Songs to Get Away from it All

Sometimes when life becomes really hectic and chaotic (refer last post), I find my solace in music, and sometimes you have these songs which you just close your eyes and listen and forget about everything else in the world. These songs somehow just take me to place where I am alone with only the thoughts in my head. And boy do I need them nowadays.
So in no particular order:

1. Tuesday's Gone - Lynrd Skynrd
A really melancholy song, with beautiful instrumentals and those awesome country vocals.

2. Mr.Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan's awesome lyrics, it feels like poetry flowing through your brains when I listen to this song.

3. Wrote a Song for Everyone - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Not a very famous song, but just couldn't get it out of my head when I heard it the first time. Thank you Winamp Shuffle!!

4. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
My favorite romantic song of all time. Clapton's guitars and that slow waltzy beat just make this an awesome getaway song.

5. Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
This list wouldn't be complete without a Floyd number. My getaway play list probably has more Floyd songs than any other band's.

Honourable Mentions:
Orion - the Acoustic Version by Rodrigo y Gabriela
Soldier of Fortune - Deep Purple
Wish you were Here - Pink Floyd

Random Words for the day :
"I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way,
I promise to go under it." - Mr Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan

No comments: