Thursday, September 18, 2008

One More Thursday, One More Week....



As one more Thursday disappears into the horizon, its time to reflect on what has been a truly tumultuous week, not just for guys at SP, but across the world.

Where do I start, for one it was possibly one of my most stressful weeks at SPJIMR till date, with 9 hr classes almost every day, tons of assignment, falling like bricks, and a few quizzes to to add to the chaos. All of which was accentuated by the return of the rains. And this just a prelude to the real hell awaiting us in the final week of our trimester - 3 Term Project submissions, 3 quizzes, 6 End term exams and probably more rains. I guess from now on we call this business as usual. And somehow my life seems so chaotic nowadays, so much work to do, that I don't even remember all of it, no clue where to start, and in generally I am so confused.

And the funny thing, is that somehow the entire world around me is mirroring this chaos and desperation( or maybe it's the other way round). First we had the bomb blasts in Delhi, and the frantic manhunt following it. Not mention the fear which has enveloped the nation. And then almost immediately came the news which spent the world's economy on a downward spiral. The collapse of Lehman Brothers and sale of Merill Lynch in the same day. Then AIG's last gasp rescue just the day after. And news coming in that even players like Goldman Sachs are looking for salvation. I have never seen a bleaker economic outlook in my life, and its down to a stage where all the finance graduates are virtually shitting in their pants worried about there future.

Even the Red and White couldn't cheer me up, Arsenal got only a draw at crummy Dynamo Kiev, and the only good thing about the match was that I couldn't watch it. And it turns out that the career of a player I really like, Tomas Rosicky, is in serious danger due to a debilitating injury. It just kept getting worse.

I made plans to watch Wall-E thrice and had to cancel them all the times. I saw Rock On, liked the move, but for some reason just couldn't enjoy it. And as if to top it of the book which I got as a part of my college book club this week was - "Death of a Salesman". Ironic isn't it?

I guess for some reason I saw everything through a black shade. Maybe it was just one of those weeks!!

And finally, possibly the most depressing thing I read all week, is the one which cheered me ; the inflation in Zimbabwe hit 11.2 million percent this week (the highest in the history of history) and well It got me thinking, atleast I am not stuck in god forsaken Zimbabwe.

Schadenfreude` Anyone?

No comments: